Friday, May 27, 2011

The Ambassador of Crochet....


This weeks review is for a blog/website - The Ambassador of Crochet by: Kristine Mullen. I have known Kristine via a Ravelry group for almost a year. And although she is a crocheter extraordinaire, rather than a knitter, I count her as someone I am thrilled to know. I've always been determined to raise up any and all fiber arts - I crochet as well as knit, just not as much these days, as knitting is my true passion. However, crocheter's make some of the loveliest items I've ever seen and I feel that Kristine's blog/website represents her art form in a spectacular way.

The Ambassador herself is a fantastic designer in her own right. When you visit her site you'll find that she has several store fronts in which she sells her personal patterns. Her childrens hats are delightful and every little girl should have a few in their young fashion wardrobes. The models for Kristine's projects are gorgeous and show off the crocheted objects to their best effect. The secret is that they are all Kristine's own beautiful children. I haven't asked, but I'm guessing they work for treats, which Kristine is happy to supply.

Kristine has really made it her job to get the art form of crochet out to the masses. Kristine is also involved in sharing her talents with many charitable organizations. How she has the time for all she does is beyond me, but she is certainly a great role model for other artists.

So, here in the US it is Memorial Day Weekend - that typically means BBQ's with family and friends and a little time to ones self. When you have that extra few minutes, please go and check out Kristine's site and her blog. You'll enjoy every moment. http://www.ambassadorcrochet.com/p/crocheting-for-cause.html

Knit on, Read on....
The Knitty Scribe

1 comment:

Kristine Mullen said...

Oh my goodness Diana! I think those are some of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me. Thank you so much.